We are looking for a motivated and talented Data Engineer to work on creating a system for smart suggestions for media content. As a part of our team, you will work with different technologies and third-party systems and will be able to suggest project, processes, and technologies improvements as well as participate in their implementation.
Nordic Entertainment Group is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. They entertain millions of people every day with streaming services, TV channels, and radio stations. Their production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world.
About the project:
The Data Science Team is a central initiative supporting Nordic Entertainment Group, which includes companies and services, such as Viasat, Viaplay, and Viafree, through their commercial and product departments with data and solutions for business intelligence, product embellishment, and analytics.
What you will do:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Create data tools to assist analytics and data science team members in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to implement greater functionality in our data systems
What we expect from you:
- 2+ years of experience in Data Engineering and Software Development
- Strong software development and source code quality skills
- Good knowledge of Spark Core and SQL
- Good skills in ETL development, knowledge of AirFlow is a plus
- Good skills in Warehousing and SQL: Hive, Presto
- Good skills in Python and Java