Data Engineer (Sportsbook Application)
If you are an expert in databases and you are ready to work with large amount of data, then we are waiting for you - Data Engineer. You will work on development of the middle layer of Sportsbook product for our Swedish customer.
The layer has microservices architecture in Node.js. You will be a part of the team responsible for the development of the solution that gets sports data every few seconds from a data provider, structures the data, and saves in database(s). The solution then provides the data to a client by request. The volume of data and requests is reasonably high, and the solution should provide a corresponding level of performance.
You will work together with a Node.js specialist on our side and with a team of developers on the customer’s side. The project uses SCRUM methodology.
Qualifications you must have to join us:
- Strong knowledge and experience in NoSQL databases, Couchbase is mandatory since that's what in use today
- Experience with Data Warehouses
- Ability to structure data in a maintainable and efficient way and define processes for how we work with related data
- Node.js, C++, Java, or another back-end programming language
- Experience in development of microservices and/or understanding of microservices architecture is a plus
- Knowledge in machine learning is a plus, since we are going towards personalized/localized content as much as possible.
- Splunk experience is beneficial
- RabbitMQ would be a plus
In scope of the project your major activities will include:
- Develop APIs to get data from data provider and provide them to client
- Structure different types of data (long-term, real time, etc)
- Select appropriate databases/warehouses and data structures to save the data
- Introduce AI to provide personalized data for clients