DevOps Engineer (OpenStack)
We are looking for a team of DevOps Engineers who can develop and support our customer’s virtualization platform based on OpenStack.
Our customer is a known company that provides telecommunication equipment and related services for mobile and fixed-line operators around the world. The above-mentioned equipment is used in more than 1,000 networks in 150 countries; almost half of all mobile calls in the world are carried out through its systems.
Your role will be to integrate OpenStack open source components together with components of network functional virtualization platform and verify that it works well in customer environment. In addition, you will be able to learn new open source technologies, improve your technical skills in different areas of product development, integration, verification, maintenance and support.
- Design and integrate infrastructure from open source components
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Work closely with other team players and development departments
- Develop CI/CD pipelines. Optimize and automate existing CI/CD processes
- Apply experience of DevOps/SCM best practices to enable highly available & reliable systems and processes including source control, artifact management, build, and deployment systems for a global workforce
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Computer Science or Math background preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Linux and its common components
- Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments
- Good written and spoken English (Intermediate)
Would be a big plus:
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes
- Strong scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with automated testing tools (Selenium, JMeter, Tempest)
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial and Perforce)
- Management of continuous integration servers (Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity)