Junior Java/Scala Developer
Sigma Software team develops Vidible video content sharing platform that helps the world find, syndicate, and monetize video.
The platform was acquired by the US leading media conglomerate, Oath., owner of the largest advertising and video platforms with millions of users, and billions of video plays. Become a part of our talented global team transforming the digital media environment. Let`s shape the digital future together.
Can you imagine that a system operates petabytes of data with more than 140 billion events daily and about 1M events per second? The system works with near real time processing, where delay is around 1.5 mins. We surely can!
So, here is a perfect chance to work with a team that develops reporting services. The reporting component our team works on is very flexible and allows our end-users to make own custom reports and combine up to 400 metrics.
As an Engineer in our team, you will:
- Design and implement applications and user experiences in Java/Scala to support various online brands
- Collaborate with other teams to help them in leveraging features you build and develop the ways to incorporate them with web, mobile, and desktop products
- Improve new products' time to market, online identity management, and security capabilities
- Be committed to improving processes
- Solve problems and grow the engineering skills
Qualifications you must have to join us:
- Experience with Java (Java8 is preferable)
- Experience with Spring
- Experience with Spring Boot/Play
- Experience with Scala
- Experience in building web applications and public facing web services
- Experience with software development and CI tools, such as TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with build tools, such as Gradle, SBT, etc.
- Good English communication skills
Also would be a plus:
- Experience with MongoDB/Couchbase/any other NoSQL databases
- Experience with Hive, Vertica
- Experience with Elasticsearch/Lucene/Solr
- Understanding of web application security fundamentals