Junior .NET Developer (New Opportunities)
At Sigma Software, we are busy building effective cross-functional teams of professional software developers. We are looking for people who are excited to work within an Agile environment, create innovative solutions that customers actually use, and put their skills to practice.
The ideal candidate has a hands-on experience with one of the mainstream programming languages, understands how to break down and solve a problem, understands the concepts of scope and estimate, can design simple classes and functions without over-engineering, writes clear code following language standards, and targets reusable code where it makes sense. If this sounds like you, we want to get to know you.
The scope of this position is not limited to the above, and we believe in a cross discipline, full-stack approach. Creative solutions from outside our toolbox are always welcome.
Join a team of talented developers who help you deepen and grow your knowledge of innovative solutions and coding best practices.
As a Junior .NET Developer, you will:
- Design separate components, modules, classes, database tables, etc.
- Code, debug, document, and maintain portions of software
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Participate in peer code and design reviews
- Participate in estimation and planning sessions
- Contribute to development of technical project documentation and user documentation
- Comply with the best engineering practices, the technical standards and the quality criteria set forth on the project
- Report status and progress according to the project and Company demands
- Spot current deficiencies in the development process, adopted procedures and engineering practices, environment configurations, etc., and suggest improvements
- Escalate technical issues to the Architect, Team Lead, and Project Manager
- Improve your qualifications within the area(s) of expertise at various training courses, seminars, and/or other educational events
We expect from you:
- Experience with one of the mainstream programming languages: JS, C#, Java
- Basic unit testing experience
- Basic knowledge of Git
- Strong communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Creative and open minded personality
- Eagerness to learn and be guided, as well as excited to contribute independently
- At least Intermediate level of English
As a plus:
- Hands on experience with Linux, bash
- Interested in FP concepts and languages (F#, Scala, Clojure, Haskell, etc.)
- Personal projects, contributions to OSS (GitHub)