Junior Project Manager
Join our team and work in a pleasant atmosphere based on trust and open communications throughout all stages of product development.
Sigma Software is looking for a Junior Project Manager to team up and apply the best Project Management practices in daily work. Our team is developing a solution, which, combined with other integrated products, allows setting up a flexible document flow in full compliance with the requirements of the law. The customer is a Swedish leader in the sphere of Enterprise Content Management development.
Product Owner at customer’s side has strong technical background, is open to new ideas, and always ready to join discussions and consider reasonable arguments.
As a Junior Project Manager, you will do the following:
- Overall project planning based on the predefined Charter; defining, estimating, and scheduling of project works
- Managing, monitoring, and forecasting of project execution; successful execution and delivery of projects on time and within the allocated budget
- Learning the project domain, using domain-specific vocabulary
- Playing the Product Owner role
- Prospective client effective kick off: holding kick-off meetings, in which each side clearly provides its expectations and constraints, strategic goals are outlined, next steps are defined, management plans are agreed
- Taking corrective actions as required to deliver the complete scope with the desired quality in time and within the budget (including scope change management, risk mitigation, etc.)
- Supporting the entire Software Engineering cycle for the allocated set of projects (Customer Communications, Requirements Analysis, Architecture, Design, Implementation, Documentation, Testing, Deployment, Maintenance)
- On-time monitoring of task fulfillment and reporting to management and customers
- Contributing to project’s lifecycle improvement through lessons learned, project archives, etc.
- Preparing new bids (technical and commercial proposals for new projects)
We expect from you:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in IT Project Management
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, experience in Agile
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in people management practices: coaching and mentoring, team and conflict management, team motivation and team building
- Experience in working with requirements, risk management
- Experience in communication with customers
- High level of self-organization, attention to details
- Upper-Intermediate spoken and written English