Middle/Senior Java Developer
We are looking for a strong self-driven Middle/Senior Java Developer who prefers to work in self-managed team.
Our team has own philosophy: no bottlenecks with one responsible person, we love what we create and have a “product owner” mindset.
If you are ready to say yes to 4 following questions, you are the one we are looking for:
Is it important for you do your work well and thoroughly?
Can you transform high-level requirements into technical requirements?
Are you making good low-level coding decisions?
Can you say that you are highly productive?
Our customer Oath is one of the world's biggest advertising media conglomerates, owner of the largest advertising and video platforms with millions of users and billions of video plays. Oath successfully competes with Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
Can you imagine that a system operates petabytes of data with more than 140 billion events daily and about 1 M events per second? The system works with near real time processing where delay is around 1.5 mins. We surely can! We welcome you to bring ideas on how to make this system even better.
What you will do:
- Develop back-end for SDK library, which is responsible for video playback, advertisement management, analytics for iOS and Android
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Participate in peer code and design reviews
- Participate in conference calls and face-to-face meetings with the Customer and Customer Partners
- 4+ years’ experience with Java
- Experience with databases (SQL, NoSQL)
- Familiar with UNIX command line
- Familiar with AWS Console: experience with using AWS from command-line and familiarity with basic AWS components like S3, EC2, and IAM
- Experience with writing and maintaining unit tests
- Experience with Gradle
- Experience with Jenkins
- Strong Intermediate English level or higher
Would be a plus:
- Scala and/or Kotlin
- Experience in writing REST APIs
- Microservices experience
- General scripting language experience
- DataDog, Kibana
- Automated testing experience
- Experience with test-driven development