Senior Database Developer
We are looking for a Senior Database Developer to team up with Sigma Software and apply the best engineering practices in daily work. We expect our ideal candidate to be flexible and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
Our client is a big EHR provider on the market of California, expanding also outside of it. The system provides its services for hundreds of clients that process data in different formats.
The application provides ample capabilities for data analysis in the area of Healthcare. It allows taking data from different sources and easily processing it to enable rapid decision making at any business level.
As a Senior Database Developer, you will:
- Work with Client Services Team, DBA Team, Development Teams, and Business Analyst to identify and understand source data systems, as well as provide input for enhancements for standardization and consistency across the Enterprise (Transactional systems, Data Warehouse, etc.)
- Map Import/Export Files to source system data. Map source data to data warehouse models
- Develop and maintain ETL scripts and workflows, SQL queries, Agent schedules, etc. using SVN or GIT for version control
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes
- Use SQL Server query techniques and available tools, against the transaction system and the reporting data warehouse, to identify and analyze data quality issues
- Develop, test, and debug new functionality and maintain/enhance existing functionality in using SQL, stored procedures
What we expect from you:
- Process knowledge and experience with SQL Server, SSIS, etc.
- Experience in ETL tools such as: MSBI (SSIS), Datastage, Data integrator, Kettle, Informatica, etc.
- Knowledge and expertise with OLAP databases: Microsoft SQL Analysis Services (SSAS), Microstrategy, Cognos, etc.
- Experience in Data Migration from database and data warehouse application
- Minimum 3 years’ ETL process and solution implementation experience with numerous project successes demonstrating a strong aptitude in all aspects of data integration and data warehousing
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in database concepts, logical modeling, physical design, and database installation, configuration, and optimization
- At least Upper-Intermediate level of spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Experience in Scrum methodology
- Understanding US healthcare data governance policies including the protection of protected health information (PHI) or personal information (PI) and the reporting of breaches of defined policies
- BS and/or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of Windows Server operating systems
- Strong effort estimation skills supporting input to statement of work (SOW) and project plan documents
- Good team player
- Strong communication skills