Senior Java Developer (Educational Solution)
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer, who would like to develop new functionality for an educational solution created by a Swedish software company.
Our Client is the leading provider of systems for preschool, daycare, primary, secondary, music and art schools, and adult education. Their solutions are web based, simple in providing, and effective for management, planning, and administration of school activities at all levels.
The main tasks of the project are the development of new functionality in the solution and integration into the markets of the countries of Northern and Western Europe.
The team is dedicated: there are 3 scrum teams of 8 people on the client side and 1 scrum team in Ukraine with the expansion underway.
As a Senior Java Developer you will:
- Design separate components, modules, classes, database tables, etc.
- Code, debug, document, and maintain portions of software
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Participate in peer code and design reviews
- Participate in estimation and planning sessions
- Participate in conference calls and face-to-face meetings with the Customer and Customer partners
- Escalate technical issues to the Architect, Team Lead, and Project Manager
Qualifications you must have to join us:
- At least 5 years of experience in commercial development
- Experience with Java8/10, Hibernate, Oracle DB, SpringBoot, Spring Framework 4(Core), Spring MVC, web services (SOAP, RESTful), HTML5
- Experience with Docker, CI (Jenkins), Maven, RabbitMQ, ESB, OSGI env (Apache Karaf), Junit, Liquibase, JAX-RS, JSON
- Understanding of responsive design and usability requirements
- Upper-Intermediate level of spoken and written English