Mall of the Emirates is a first-ever shopping resort that blends extended shopping (630+ retail stores) & entertainment experience with an integrated 5-star hotel resort. The mall serves over 1.5+ Bn. customers and strives to provide them with unmatched service. The Client wanted to introduce an AR gaming experience to their mall and turned to our AR experts for help.
We delivered a top-notch AR app that brings the Client’s campaigns & brand promotion to a new height. The MOE Playground App introduces a new experience for the customers, dipping them into an engaging play with a full AR immersion available through regular smartphones:
- The ground floor of the mall serves as a playground and is divided into three different game zones
- Any customer can take part in this game by making a purchase for AED 300, getting the keycode on the service desk, downloading the MOE Playground app on the App Store or Google Play, and entering the access code
- Customers are provided with a range of games to choose from: coin collection, (treasure hunt), trivia, sister brands reveal
- All the games are pinpointed on the live map (synchronized in real-time) and activate interactive scenarios when the customer reaches the defined location
- Customers can use achievement points they earned by passing different challenges & games to win the major prize equal to AED 1K
We developed the MOE Playground App on top of our Black Snow open-world AR game platform. Our experts made additional modifications to the platform, using Unity technology to enable an AR experience within the mall.
The Black Snow engine allowed us to achieve an immersion effect of holographic goggles without extra hardware & pre-calibration procedures, as well as seamlessly synchronizes actual maps & augmented reality in real-time and features shopping mall application with a bunch of other top-notch AR functionality out-of-the-box:
Configurable cartography, persistent world data, real-time multiplayer, and economy
- Immersive XR (Extended Reality) with spatial audio & haptics
- RTS (real-time strategy) gameplay with actions visualization available on the map
- Automated Map and AR sync by-passing all setup steps
- Fully virtualized “under-table” mode that allows playing in any place
The first campaign had a great outcome and already attracted 500+ new visitors, therefore the Mall of the Emirates plans to continue launching such campaigns, now on a bigger scale.
The MOE Playground App team is now working on solution improvement and further extension with new functionality to enable the Client to apply it for their regular mall & brand promotion campaigns. We are now extending the shopping mall mobile app with:
- An increased number of games within the mall to offer a new experience for the customers and increase user engagement
- Indoor navigation to simplify checkpoint tracking for users and make the shopping mall app gameplay more dynamic
- New types of in-game prizes & rewards to diversify UI and make award-winning more engaging