Meetings Plus is a cross-platform mobile app (iOS & Android), has an intuitive user-friendly interface, and is compliant with WCAG and GDPR standards.
The app enables government officials to get information about upcoming and previous meetings held by various committees, check meetings’ agendas, go through the cases to be considered, and work with the documents attached to get ready for the upcoming meetings.
- Sophisticated user management functionality and two-factor authentication (Device ID + Login and Password)
- In-app tools to work with documents (full-text search, comments & highlights, sharing with other authorized users, etc.)
- Rich notifications system both in-app and via e-mail
- Support of big volumes of data and documents
- Mobile Device Management systems support (InTunes, Airwatch, and Mobile Iron) for content streaming to employees’ devices
TYPICAL BUSINESS CASE
Restricted documents management in modern systems has one vulnerability – the system can no longer control who gets access to the document once it is printed out. Meetings Plus makes working with meeting-related documents inside Formpipe ECM systems as convenient as with printed versions, but in a far more secure way.
Working in package with any of Formpipe enterprise content management solutions (e.g. Platina or W3D3), the product simplifies all the activities related to arranging a meeting, preparing related documents, keeping meeting minutes, finalizing and distributing meeting protocols.
- Meeting’s secretary initiates the meeting through a Formpipe core ECM system, selects the day/time/place, drafts meeting’s agenda, and selects the committee or particular officials to be present at the meeting
- Participants receive invitations through Meetings app and via e-mail, can access the cases and attached documents to review the materials (highlight, comment them, or even share with other authorized experts)
- During the meeting, the secretary creates meeting’s protocol through Platina system listing the decisions taken
- Any citizen can use the app to check public information from the meeting protocol
The customer took a decision to introduce Meetings Plus to the portfolio in 2015. As we had been already running a Formpipe–dedicated development center for 7 years, the choice of development partner was obvious.
We set up a mobile application development team that delivered the first version of the product in only 4 months and then continued evolutionary development of the app. As of today, the team delivers 1-2 major releases per year with additional service packs and hotfixes issued between those major releases.
- The team follows an iterative and incremental development approach
- Product features are defined by Formpipe Product Owner in user stories format; the team further clarifies the requirements through grooming meetings, tech vision, and design assets discussions
- We use Azure DevOps to manage product backlog and track development pipeline
- Regular meetings include team internal daily meetings, weekly status meetings with the customer, demos, iteration planning sessions, and retrospectives
- Reporting includes regular weekly status reports and extended monthly status reports (highlighting project budget, achievements, current status, plans, etc.)