REMOTE TRAINING CROSS-PLATFORM MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT
Innovative product development enabling horse riders’ remote training with professional coaches through live video streaming and offline sessions
Swedish horsetech startup offering digital training tools
Create a product that would enable equestrianism sportsmen practice remotely and in a smarter way reducing travel time, costs, and logistics
Sigma Software team has successfully delivered the first version of the product within 6 months. The product has rapidly found its market fit and gained popularity both with trainers and riders. At the moment the app unites about 900 experts and several thousand riders from base to Olympic level
For me, ridesum saves a lot of time, flights and it becomes cheaper for the student. I am very impressed and use it a lot.Pether Markne
A-coach jumping & dressage Olympic rider & national team coach
Collaboration Overview Overview
At Sigma Software we are well familiar with all the constraints and limitations Start-ups face, especially at early stages. Thus, we used MVP approach carefully aligning our suggestions and technical decisions with the budget available. This allowed us to deliver the MVP with a small team within less than 6 months.
The product was heartily welcomed on the market and swiftly attracted several thousands of users. App initial success and further potential enabled Ridesum to raise more funding for the development of the product’s premium version. The Premium version has already been released and the team is now working on further product enhancements.
- Elaborated the product idea into the feasible scope (both bringing value to potential users and fitting the budget available)
- Defined future solution architecture (cross-platform solution + video streaming)
- Created attractive UI\UX design
- Performed mobile apps development and integrations
- Conducted thorough load testing to make sure that solution is ready for the mass use
- Supported product upload on the app stores
- Continue further development & enhancement of the product
Ridesum’s idea was to enable remote training sessions through a mobile app. It was decided to use one of the world’s leading services for live video streaming to keep time-to-market short and stay within quite limited project budget.
However, we needed to make sure the solution is viable and would leave enough budget for further development. So, we started with prototyping which yielded positive results and was followed by full-scale development with MVP launched to the app stores within 6 month from the collaboration start.
- Collaboration started with intensive 3-days workshop to discuss the assignment, agree upon organizational processes, and choose the optimal product life cycle approach
- Further pre-study & PoC to evaluate the scope, define technical solutions, and estimate project efforts
- Following initial pre-study & estimation, the scope was substantially reduced to fit into the budget whilst maintaining all the major and vitally important app functions
- The team adopted Kanban development approach delivering daily interim builds for continuous testing, preparing regular project status reports, and conducting regular status and ad-hoc meetings
The story behind the app is very interesting. Jenny Stråhle, Ridesum CEO and Founder, was a passionate horse rider. However, she had to quit professional equestrianism as her trainer was located in a different city and travel took too much time; thus, it was hard to combine practice with Jenny’s full-time job and regular life.
Therefore, Jenny came to the idea to use modern technology and find a solution that would help other people facing similar challenge. So, she founded Ridesum - a digital collaboration platform for riders, trainers and experts that allows them train more often and in a smarter way.
- Coach and expert bank for riders to choose the right coach based on many different criteria including location, skills, offer, price, etc.
- In-app chat for communication between riders and coaches to set available timeslots and book training sessions
- Remote live training sessions functionality with video streaming (through integration with the video streaming service)
- Offline training function with possibility to send training videos to get feedback and advice
Tranier‘s profile page with information about skills, competence, and offering
Ridesum publishes videos with well known trainers showing exercises and tips
Riders can check out their recorded training sessions and see a written feedback from coach
Riders can be coached via live streaming or record and sent video to get a written feedback
Ridesum CMO & Co-Founder together with Sigma Software team during workshop in Kiev
Great job from our super tech team! Thanks for the hard work with successful launch of Rider Premium – we are very happy to have you as our partner and colleagues. Exciting times ahead of us now as well. Say hello and big thanks to rest of the team from us!
CEO & Founder
It is just amazing to see how a great new product is being shaped and be a part of this success. The team was fascinated by the product idea and values, but put special attention to live video streaming integration risks. Thanks to correct approach and wise MVP scoping we managed to fit existing limitations, launch the product, and can now enjoy further growth together with Ridesum.
Ridesum Account Manager
Get a product developed from scratch or redesigned & optimized for future growthRead more
Go mobile with native & cross platform apps developed up to industry standardsRead more
Involve our experts to safeguard your app interface is eye-catching & intuitiveRead more