Our Client is a startup partnering with the world’s biggest online communities, incl. Airbnb, giffgaff (Telefonica), Sony PlayStation, etc. They engaged us to provide SDK development services and extend their product with an SDK enabling game vendors to enjoy the benefits of the community services out-of-the-box.
We helped to create a business vision, compose tech solution, and develop a Unity SDK that, on the one hand, allows game development companies to provide users with a place where they can communicate and, on the other hand, helps them to promptly collect feedback, improve & grow their brand.
- High-end customizable community area allowing players to get info about the game, ask questions, and check related info inside the game with no need to go to any external forum
- Extensive admin options allowing to fully manage the community area (moderate questions and answers, use flags to deliver warnings, and create reports)
- Portrait and landscape modes support
- Ready-to-use attractive layouts with all screens and elements (home page, registration & login, search, profile page, conversation page, list of categories, notifications, etc.) implemented according to the mockups provided by the Client’s team
We started the project with a brief introduction to the existing product and a set of workshops to review & analyze frontend and backend setups. Having carefully evaluated the solution, we clarified requirements in the form of user stories and prepared SDK vision, project sizing & milestones delivery plan.
The team performs turn-key Unity-based software development from backend investigation and technical vision shaping to solution delivery, testing & first users onboarding.
- The team analyzes, clarifies, and documents product features & functionality requirements to create detailed Software Requirements Specifications, estimate implementation efforts, and plan the deliveries
- The whole product development process follows the Scrum approach with 2-week iterations and demos by the end of each iteration
- We apply EVA metrics to provide the Client with detailed overview of the tasks value & progress as well as to make sure we stay in line with the budget expectations
The Client wanted to transfer all the features they had in their existing community platform software to the new Unity-based solution. So, we focused on both making the SDK easy to integrate into any Unity app and providing application developers with access to all the functionality available in the core platform.
The team created a technical vision and implemented the following solution:
- The Community SDK can be embedded into any Unity game providing friendly integration & faults handling and processing communication between client and server
- Featured with a business logic ensuring sound communication with backend as well as mapped the Client’s API on a given functionality inside the app
- Enriched with a basic text formatting system offering different styles, in-text hyperlinks, pictures, and emoji’s (Unity didn’t provide any emoji’s pack out of the box, so we configured it in the TextMeshPro library)