IATA represents 290 airlines (82% of the world’s air traffic) and helps to set & manage policies on the aviation industry’s most critical aspects. Incidents caused by Dangerous Goods transportation were among the association’s concerns, so IATA found a way how to improve the process & engaged us to elaborate the solution.
They revealed that though aviation personnel had a good theoretical knowledge base, they needed practical skills to work with Dangerous Goods effectively and safely. To ensure that, we helped IATA to develop a unique solution that allows to train & assess practical skills of Dangerous Goods handling with jeopardizing aviation safety:
- Realistic scenarios & cases simulation to replicate real-life cases of working with Dangerous Goods (incl. 3D visualization for the most immersive environment possible)
- Scalable course authoring software allowing to create individual training & assessment programs by combining the existing cases
- Rich analytics that allows to track trainees’ current performance and give an accurate assessment of their competency
- A stand-alone, scalable interface that emulates working with specific documents (Dangerous Goods Declaration & Air Waybill) to safeguard accurate filling-in
IATA has chosen Sigma Software not only because we demonstrated top tech expertise, but also because of the aviation domain knowledge we have. This helped IATA experts and Sigma Software teamwork in synergy and shape the Client’s vision of the future product into a PoC as well as further develop a fully-fledged training & competency assessment tool.
- Helped the Client to form & refine the requirements and holistic vision of the product
- Designed the architecture so that it could be further easily scaled & appended with a multi-language support, different authentication solutions & integrations, extensions to the 3D Module, etc.
- Implemented such cutting-edge technologies as Babylon.js to foster swift web-based app development and build a compound 3D module giving users a sense of interaction with real items
- Implemented web API to enable simplified integration & replacement of any 3rd party components
The product itself is a web-based solution aimed to simulate real-life situations happening in aviation companies’ day-to-day operations. 3D environment & Dangerous Goods models immerse examinees into those situations to enable the experience as if they are working with real objects afield.
The online training platform Sigma Software team developed fully automates the process of practical skills training and competence assessment end-to-end (from the very learning to IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations certification).
- Training and Assessment Scenario Builder for the chief instructors to smoothly create various scenarios and sessions for students by compiling different scenarios
- 3D Module generating detailed 3D models of dangerous goods in aviation (incl. scratches, cracks, stains, etc.) that users can interact with (e.g. rotate, zoom, pin stickers, change the text on stickers, etc.)
- Administrative and User Management Modules allowing to create virtual classes, unite students in classes, manage the list of all users, and more
- Dashboard displaying all the main user roles (e.g. System Administrators, Students, Instructors) with the overall activity statistics on the platform, assessment results, current training progress, and other information
- Reporting and Analytics Modules for system administrators to track general students’ performance, their lowest & highest scores per session, etc.